Terms and conditions for access and use of iStudentCity.com
In this document, "Virtualab", "us", "we", and similar terms
refer to Virtualab, which is doing business as iStudentCity.com. "You", "users", "visitors",
"customers", and similar terms are used to refer to anyone who visits, views, or accesses our
website, iStudentCity.com, or makes use of any products or services offered by us under the
name of iStudentCity.com.
iStudentCity.com (also called "the Website" below) is an
online information, communication, advertising and sales service provided by Virtualab,
d.b.a. iStudentCity.com. By using iStudentCity.com, you agree to be bound by the
following terms and conditions ("this Agreement", the "Terms of Service"). Your access to and
use of the Website is subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth
below, including all exhibits hereto. Please examine this document carefully before accessing
or using the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be legally bound by the
terms and conditions set forth below. You may not access or use the Website should you not
want to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Changes In Terms and Conditions.
We may modify or terminate our services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice, including the right to terminate with or without notice, without liability to you, any other user or any third party. We reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time, without notice, and any such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement. By your access and use of the Website you agree to periodically review this Agreement and shall be conclusively bound by any such future modifications.
Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions. The entire contents of the Website are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. Virtualab. is the exclusive owner of the copyright. You may print and download portions of the Website solely for your non-commercial use. Any other copying, redistribution, publication, or retransmission of any portion of Website material, is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Virtualab or any applicable third party information provider to the Website. You agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from any materials downloaded from the Website. You further agree to grant to Virtualab a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce, transmit, distribute, create any derivative works of, publicly use or display any materials or other information (including, but not limited to, ideas, concepts or techniques for new or improved services and products) you publish to the Website by any means or by any media now known or hereafter developed. You further agree that any such communication you make to the Website (whether information, feedback, data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like) shall be deemed not to be confidential. By your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions you also grant to Virtualab the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with any and all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You further agree and acknowledge that you shall have no recourse against Virtualab for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your publications or communications to us.
Links to Third Party Sites. The links in the Website will allow other sites to be accessed. The sites linked to by the Website are developed by people over whom Virtualab exercises no control. These linked sites are not under our control, and Virtualab is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. We provide links only as a convenience, and such inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Virtualab of the site.
We cannot guarantee that there are no links to sites that some people find objectionable, inappropriate, or offensive. We assume no responsibility for the content of any site linked to by the Website.
Personal Use Only.
The Website is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. If you want to make commercial use of the Website you must enter into an agreement with Virtualab to do so.
We also have a Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability, which is also separately posted on the Website. Locating and
viewing the Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability is your responsibiity.
Click here to review the Disclaimer of Warranties and
Limitation of Liability. Failure to refer to these documents does not exempt you from
their provisions, and they remain in force even if you do not consult them.
Policies of Operation. The additional legal terms and conditions stated below, as well as the legal terms and conditions above, apply to forums, discussion groups, chat groups, bulletin boards and any other interactive area of the Website. Use of, access to, or participation in any of these or any other interactive areas of the Website constitutes acceptance of these legal terms and conditions. Your participation in on-line communications occurs in real time and is not edited, censored, or otherwise controlled by Virtualab Virtualab cannot and does not screen all content provided by users of the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Virtualab reserves the right to monitor content on the Website and to remove content which Virtualab, in its sole discretion, determines to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of these policies of operation. In order to maintain an informative and valuable service that meets the needs of the users of the Website and avoids the harm that can result from the dissemination of statements that are false, malicious, in violation of the rights of others, or otherwise harmful, it is necessary to establish the following rules to protect against abuse.
While using iStudentCity.com, you may not:
- post or transmit any message anonymously or under a false name;
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmission constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law. It is not Virtualab's intent to discourage you from taking controversial positions or expressing vigorously what may be unpopular views or opinions; Virtualab does, however, reserve the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in instances where the Website is used to disseminate statements which are deeply and widely offensive and/or harmful in nature;
- post or transmit any message which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
- post or transmit any information, file or software that contains a virus, macro virus, cancelbot, worm, Trojan horse, logic-bomb or any other contaminating or destructive features;
- post or transmit any message, data, image or program that would violate the property rights of others, including intellectual property rights, and specifically including (though not limited to) unauthorized use of copyrighted text, images or programs, trade secrets or other confidential proprietary trademarks or service marks used in an infringing fashion;
- interfere, in any way, with other users of the Website;
- post or transmit charity requests, petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to pyramid or Ponzi schemes.
- post, list, or transmit articles which are significantly off-topic according to the description of the group affected, as interpreted by the group's moderator, if any, or by the staff of the Website.
If you are dissatisfied with the Website or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines or practices of Virtualab in operating the Website, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to its conflict with laws or provisions of your actual state or country of residence. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Virtualab.
I want to join iStudentCity NOW!