Welcome to iStudentCity.com

Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions (Kaptest.com)

Prepare for Schools
Apply to Schools
Follow up on Your Applications
Prepare to Leave
Venture to America!

  Privacy Policy
  Terms & Conditions
Passport & Visa

It's just a fact of international relations, but you will need a pass port and visa to travel. The amusing side is that once you are established you can use a Visa (a credit card) to buy a Honda Passport (a car).

Passport | Visa
A passport is a necessary document if you intend to travel and study abroad. It not only serves to identify what country you are a citizen or resident of, but also establishes your legal right to stay in a foreign country. You need a passport, along with other documents and permits, such as a visa, for a foreign country to grant you passage or entry to the country. A visa identifies your purpose for entering and staying in a country. For example, there are travel visas, transit visas, student visas and working visas.


When you are preparing to leave for the United States for your studies, you will first need to acquire a passport. The process of issuing a passport usually takes several weeks. Contact your government for more detailed information on how to obtain a passport (many travel agencies can take care of the procedure for you, for a fee).

Once you have a passport, you must make sure that it is valid for at least 6 months before you apply for a student visa. If not, the United States embassy will probably reject your visa application. If your visa will expire during your stay in the United States, don't worry. You can renew your passport in your country's embassy in the United States, or you can renew it in your home country.

Remember that a passport is an essential document for identifying yourself, and for establishing your legal rights when you are in the United States. You need to guard it carefully. If you lose your passport, someone else might try to your identity. Therefore, if you lose your passport you must immediately inform both your embassy and the police. They will tell you what steps to take. It is also helpful to keep a photocopy of your passport. Keep the copy and the passport in separate places. Then, if you do lose your passport, you can use the photocopy for temporary identification; it may also make it easier to apply for a replacement passport.

Medical Examination | | Visa
Important US Official Links:
1) SEVIS is a government, computerized system that maintains and manages data about foreign students and exchange visitors during their stay in the United States. More info >>
2) U.S. Customs - Department of State

Home | About iStudentCity | Job Opportunities | Contact iStudentCity Hall
Copyright©2000-2009, iStudentCity.com. All Rights Reserved.