Welcome to iStudentCity.com

Click here to start saving with ING DIRECT!

  Privacy Policy
  Terms & Conditions
1040, 1040NR, 1040EZ, 8843 . . .
And those are just the numbers of the forms!
The Basics | U.S. Income Tax System
How to file your tax?
If You...
have no U.S. income and you are an exempt individual, you are required to file Form 8843 regardless of your income. are visiting the United States on a F, J, M or Q visa and you are classified as a nonresident for U.S. tax purposes, you are required to file a tax return each year you are here if you have any income subject to U.S. income tax. have been in the United States for more than 5 years you qualify as a U.S. resident for tax purposes.
Required Forms:
1. 8843 1. 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ (with no Dependents)
2. 8843
1. 1040,
2. 1040A or 1040EZ (with no Dependents)
Additional Notes:
1. The IRS imposes no penalty if this form is not filed, but it is required to indicate that you are an exempt individual.

2. If Form 8843 is not filed, it does not mean you can claim that you are not an exempt individual.

3. An interactive version of Form 8843 (you can fill it in and print it out) is available at the IRS Web site at www.irs.gov.

1. You should file a return if you have any U.S. source income, regardless of whether or not it is taxable.

2. If you are a student and have been in the United States for five or fewer calendar years, or a teacher or trainee and have been in the United States for two or fewer calendar years, you are probably a nonresident for tax purposes.

3. Check with your payroll department when you first begin receiving employment or scholarship income to determine if you are eligible for a treaty exemption.

1. As a U.S. tax resident you qualify for all of the deductions and credits as U.S. citizens.

2. Additionally, you might still qualify for a tax treaty exemption if you have not become a permanent resident.

*For more detailed information: please visit our partner The Tax Guy.
Ecard - Private Offers Group
Banks are good at holding your money, but make sure they don't accidentally give too much to the government. Click and learn.

Home | About iStudentCity | Job Opportunities | Contact iStudentCity Hall
Copyright©2000-2009, iStudentCity.com. All Rights Reserved.