Welcome to iStudentCity.com iStudentCity Events

  Privacy Policy
  Terms & Conditions

Legal Channel
Dealing with legal issues? Join us!

Message 59/61
Subject: Help me to obtain a ID card
Author: tn1991
Date: 9/8/2006 4:33:05 PM
I have my passport and I-94 valid, but my F-1 visa have expired for 3 month already. But lucky I have got the Social Security Number (SSN) and I still legal because I still study in the US. (F-1 Visa is Duration Status = As long as I still study I am legal to stay.)

When I go to the DMV to try to obtain the ID card, They say I need to renew my visa. But the online source said that If I have a SSN I won't need a valid visa to obtain it. I did show him my valid I-20 but they didn't approve. Please help me to obtain the ID card for I don't want to carry my Passport everywhere I go. Thank you very much!

Reply to this message | Post a new message

Previous | Back to Index | Next

Go to Another Channel:

Home Sickness Channel

Slang Channel

New Students Channel

Dining Channel

Entertainment Channel

Driving Channel

Relationship Channel

Travel Channel

Legal Channel

Home | About iStudentCity | Job Opportunities | Contact iStudentCity Hall
Copyright©2000-2006, iStudentCity.com. All Rights Reserved.